- 620 Crossroads Boulevard, Cary, NC 27518, USA
- (919) 854-0070
The Unreal Engine is a game engine developed by Epic Games, Although primarily developed for first-person shooters, it has been successfully used in a variety of other genres, including stealth, MMORPGs, and other RPGs. With its code written in C++, the Unreal Engine features a high degree of portability and is a tool used by many game developers today.
Unreal Engine 4 supports the Oculus Rift through the use of a plugin.
This plugin is included as part of the initial UE4 download.
A VR game template can be found in an Unreal Engine forum.
The template currently features:
- In Game changing of Important settings to the Rift, Screen Percentage and Distortion Scale
- Look based interaction for blueprints(currently Highlighting and toggling visibility).
- Head Rotation Blend Spaces controlled by the HMD rotation
- Semi-modular character so you can’t see the inside of the head in game
- Shooter and exploration based player characters(head bob and no head bob)
- Auto Screen Percentage calibration(Off by default)
- Rift optimised global post processing
Please login to add your review.